God where are you? Can you hear me?

Am I getting the busy tone or something? Where'd he go? Do you ever feel alone in your "walk with God"?

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 9:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• hes there. its just sometimes its hard to see that, trust me, i know! try to keep your head keep praying. just because your prayers dont get answered the way you want doesnt mean hes not listening
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He is there. Just because He isn't answering all your prayers, does not mean He has abandoned you. Sometimes the answer is just "No".
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I saw your last post. I will keep you in my prayers. It sounds like you are going through a pretty big trial. I hope it ends soon.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sometimes but thats when we get our eyes off Him and onto ourselves. When we keep our focus on Him, we will never feel alone or lonely. He said He will never leave us nor forsake us. He loves us so much more than we can even know or imagine.
    There are times we are to go through a season where we need to trust that we will make it through. Those times can be lonely times but once you pass through that season.. it is glorious! Read the Psalms .... sometimes David felt this way but He always remembered to turn His eyes onto God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sure. But he isn't there to answer all my prayers, it just doesn't work that way. Our soul is on this earth to learn lessons and such. Sometimes, it's not that he isn't listening, you are just living through what you are meant to experience. No matter how difficult it may be.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• never.. God is always with me through his knowledge. He is the All Knower , the All Seerer and the All hearing. islam teaches us just who God is.. exactly, and who we are in relation to him.. and that helps us to understand our life here on earth and strive for a good life in the hereafter
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have never felt alone, even in the worst of time, I feel him there.

Answer by older at 9:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Everyone will feel "alone" during their walk in Faith at one time or another. Even Mother Teresa experienced it.

Sometimes God seems to answer our prayers with a "no."  And sometimes we don't understand how God can allow such evil in our lives, but His wisdom is greater than ours, and He uses evil so that good may come out of it..  John Walsh is a prime example.  Maybe you reading an inspirational book, something from CS Lewis such as The Chronicals of Narnia or The Screwtape Letters, will help you.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 6:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well, it's not that he's not there, it's just that sometimes the answer to your prayers is "no" or "not now"....
    Many times I'm up in my room reading or watching TV and my children aren't with me, they're either playing in their room or watching TV in the family room. They can't see me or hear me. It doesn't mean I'm not there and aware of what they do or respond to when they need me.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010