What would you think? - rephrased

I don't think I worded the question right the first time.

If your DH/SO said out of anger (during an arguement) that he cheated on you, would you believe he really did so?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Uh, yes. I would.

And if he was trying to say "I just said it cause I was mad" id laugh in his face. He is just sorry he admitted it
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yep. I sure would.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As TorBabe1221 said, and I couldn't agree more. (although some are just so sure of themselves, and don't admit to anything, so it's built --in them to be right, no matter how wrong they are or if they slipped up. ) oOPS
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, not sure many people would ever actually lie about cheating if they really didn't. He obviously was so angry that he didn't care that you knew, he just wanted to hurt you. Sorry:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Um yes I would believe him.

And if he was only saying it to hurt me b/c he was mad, that's just as bad as doing it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes I would believe they really cheated. Because I don't care how mad you get at someone & how badly you want to hurt them, are you really going to scream out I cheated on you???? Thats a can of worms that can't be taken back. Even if its not true, it would always make you wonder, well did he?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't know... MY DH, no I wouldn't believe it because although he can be a real douche at times, I never worry about that. BUT he has said a bunch of really hateful hurtful shit in past arguments (we're past that now it seems) that wasn't true that he said because he knew those things would hurt me - based on things that I had said... so... if your husband is a douche when you argue and if you have brought up the possibility of him cheating, he might have said it to piss you off. on the other hand... when i went to counseling (marriage counseling... alone) when DH and i were having these type of arguments, my counselor said that alot of things said in anger are based in truth i.e. when he called me a bitch it wasn't JUST to be hurtful but there was some thought in his mind behind that and it was important to eventually figure out what he was mad about even if he wasn't expressing himself properly... what do YOU think?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, that isn't a normal thing to say even out of anger unless its true. Sure it's normal to throw insults at a person during an argument but to admit to cheating isn't something a person would say unless it was true.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would think he would say anything in anger and if he did it well f him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes. I would take that seriously regardless if he walked in and said it or he said it out of anger. That isn't something you just throw around for fun. If he's saying it then that says to me he's confessing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010