12 weeks pregnant lost mucus plug and water broke

i called the doctor and they wont see me till tomorrow because theres nothing to do about it but i was wondering how long before the baby actually comes out? does it always come out or will they have to take it out? has this happened to anyone else? the lost mucus plug and the water and a little cramping is all i have had. im still hoping that is not the case but even the doctor said that is most likely it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry! I have had several friends go through this. You don't have to go to the ER and you don't have to have them remove the baby. The majority of the time your body will take care of it and the doctor will just want to check and make sure that everything was expelled. If you don't miscarry within the next week they will probably need to remove it. But like I mentioned, you should be ok.

I am praying for you tonight. I am very sorry.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i would go to the er, but that's just me. i wouldn't let any chance for anything else going wrong and i'm sorry for you
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I understand that nothing can be done, but if you would feel better, go to the hospital. I'm so sorry!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Are you sure your water borke? I may be ignorant in this area, but I wasn't aware that someone's water can break if they are having a miscarriage so early. Sometimes in pregnancy you will get discharge that is watery. I know that happened to me last pregnancy. I would go to the ER.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 10:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Get to the ER!!!! DONT WAIT TIL TOMORROW!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i am so sorry
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• it can break that early. its a small amount of fluid but if it was preceded my the mucus plug it probably was. just wait and see though. luck!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would go to the ER.
    koyanddagansmom

Answer by koyanddagansmom at 10:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That actually happened to me. I'd been having spotting and had been to the ER earlier in the day because there was some clots being passed too. I was lying on my couch when I hear a "pop" and felt a gush that soaked the pad I had on as well as my pants. I went to the ER within 1/2 an hour (had to wait for fil to come watch my older kids) and it's a good thing I did. Just after arriving and going through triage I started hemmorhaging with blood running down my legs. They did a pelvic exam, saw my cervix was open (it had been closed that morning) and did an u/s that showed my uterus was empty. I was still bleeding heavily, gushing whenever I'd cough or sob, and ended up needing a D&C to stop the bleeding.

The point I'm getting at here is that you should go to the ER to be checked to be on the safe side. I really hope that's not what's happening to you.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• GO TO THE ER!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010