HOw can you get rid of bad breath for a 3 year old?

My three year old son has horirble smelling breath...it smells like poop! No matter how much I brush his teeth and tongue, he still smells. Anything I can do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• maybe he needs a good cleaning, take him to the dentist and let the dentist know about it, maybe there is an infection you're not aware of or something
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• he may have a gum disease or a rotting tooth. take him to the dentist
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• NO Cheerios, that made my little ones breathe smell like cat pee !!!! EEEEKk!!!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh< it could be milk breath

I know ice cream does this too, the fat, dairy, cream, although yogurt is a anti-bacteria in food, by eating up the bad smelling bacteria that goes along with food.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My mom said when it smells like that then they need to poop. Not sure that's true but on tv the other day they said chewing gum is good for bad breath bc it helps make saliva and aid in digestion

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I took my son to the doc for the nasty poop breath. The doc said to stop using the flavored kiddy toothpaste because that causes bad breath. I switched toothpaste and it's better.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Really Jade??? That's interesting to know.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yep, I thought the doc was an idiot, to be honest. Thought it was worth a shot and it worked for him. My DD never had a problem with the kiddy stuff. The problem is my kids don't like mint toothpaste. I bought Toms (i think) natural toothpaste, strawberry flavored, and so far it hasn't caused stinky breath and the kids are more willing to brush.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• have you taken him to the dentist? maybe he has an infection or something. has this been a problem from before or just recently.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• go to the dentist, or take a look at his diet...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010