how do i get my two month olld to sleep by herself

my daughter is 2 months and she sleeps in the bed with us, dangerous i know.. I can get her to sleep but as soon as i put her down she is wide awake crying.... my first daughter was like this too and it took us till she was 1 1/2 to get her in her own bed what can i do

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long are you leaving her in her bed when she starts crying?

Its ok to let her cry for a few minutes. Nothing bad will happen, because you are there.
    And like you said, its dangerous to let her sleep in the same bed as you guys.

My daughter is sleeping in her own bed since the day she was born, because I heard it so many times that it turns out to be a habit and the kids wont sleep in their own beds. So thank god we do not have this problem.

But you need to let her cry for a few minutes. If that still doesnt work (crying herself to sleep), then just bring her bed in your room and very close to your bed. Move it further away day by day to get her used to different.

Good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yeah the sleeping in your bed thing...they do try and make a habit of. I would suggest cold turkey... just put her in her crib when you normally put her down for bed, and let her cry it out. You'd be shocked that they really don't cry for that long.... i think the longest my son has ever cried was maybe 45minutes tops and then he was out. You just have to be strong and use some tough love on her, it's hard I know when they are only 2 months you just don't want them to cry if they want you or need you but that's the thing....you've made her comfy sleeping with you and she now wants you, but she doesn't need you... as long as she's dry, fed, bathed, ect... she just needs to re learn how to go to bed, but this time by herself. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 5:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my son slept with me till he was about 3 and a half months, in my bed too. I started putting him in his bed for naps and worked him into his crib. he is now sleeping through the night in his own bed. It wasn't too hard. Just takes patience. The earlier the better.
    AmandaKay0515

Answer by AmandaKay0515 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• She is still small enough to break the habit. Put her to nap in her bed so she gets use to it and the smell..perhaps you can even put something near her that smells like you. Feed her and then put her in her bed..if she wakes, you can comfort her and back to her bed...be consistent it will turn out ok.... My boys are 9 and 5 years old...it was tough getting them back on schedule after a long summer for school..so i said 9pm is bed time whether they tired or not...even if i have to go in there 100 times..but eventually they will go to sleep by 9pm..it took me a month or so..now i say go to bed at 9pm and 15mins later they are asleep...the point is it is all about consistence and sticking to it.. she will get used to her bed very soon, but do not break the rythem...no more mommies bed. :)
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008