Are the kicks supposed to be this low?

I'm only 18 weeks and I already feel the baby move. At least I think it's the baby. Anyway, is it normal to feel the kicks so low? By low, I mean about an inch and half below my belly button. I find it kind of weird because I thought the placenta is supposed to be above the pelvic bone by this time. If that's the case, shouldn't these little kicks be felt a little higher?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 10:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's normal. I'm pretty sure that the uterus at 20 weeks is only about as high as the belly button, if I remember correctly.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nope the first kicks are really low. the baby is out of your pelvis but they can kick as low as your uterus is. which is just above the pelvic bone.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh, goodness, honey, you are going to feel kicks...everywhere!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• the kicks are wherever the little feet are.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The uterus comes all the way down to your pelvic floor, you'll feel them against your cervix all the way up eventually to your diaphram. I've felt kicks (flutters) as early as 12 weeks, though that was my last pregnancy, but it was usually around 14 weeks I felt movement start. Baby is just floating around and doing flips right now so you'll feel movement all over. Enjoy it, odds are you'll miss it once the baby is born.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 10:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• that is just how big the baby is and where he is positioned! I am 25 weeks and that is where I was feeling movement when my little guy started stomping around on my bladder!
    bubbysmamma

Answer by bubbysmamma at 10:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• with my second preg, baby was so low I would feel hiccups in my butt cheeks every night. at first it was a little creepy- but it was so cute:) kicks were really low, too. Enjoy the kicks:) it is an amazing feeling:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• oh my goodness you'll be amazed at what is considered "normal" when you are pregnant!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sometimes when the baby kicks it virbates other parts of the body. It can sometimes even feel they're kicking your vaginal area, when infact it's mearly the vibration from them kicking where they sit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Second pregnancy now I am 28 weeks but I started feeling kicks at 16 weeks EVERYWHERE!!! He is going to be a expert kick boxer!! LOL!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010