This is prob a stupid Question... But I need your help!!

I have a YI and my doc had put me on Nystatin. Told me to apply 4-6 times a day for 10 days. Well I know now this question is going to sound stupid. But... Is it ok to have sex with a YI? I mean I know obviously any oral is outta the question. But is intercourse ok? Would he get an infection and just keep passing it back and forth or something? Any information would be very much appreciated. Like I said I know its a stupid question. But I don't want to harm him or myself! Rather be safe than sorry

Snootchies

Asked by Snootchies at 4:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

• I was told that yeast infections are not trasmitted sexually. I have had sex with a YI. I am pretty sure it is not recommended but if you have to you should be fine.
    Anonymous

• I dont know the answer to that honestly. But you shouldnt be so hard on yourself. It is not a stupid question.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• no you certianly do NOT want to have sex until the infection is cleared up because like you said you'll just keep passing it back and forth between each other.
    Anonymous

• I thought you only passed UI's back and forth but really I would'nt recomend having sex for at least the first few days. Give the meds a little bit to start working huh? And no it's not a stupid question so don't beat yourself up fpoor it. I'd rather answer this question than
    "I had a yeast infection and had lots of sex and now what do you know my poor hoohoo is turning purple, what do I do" , you know?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I wasn't sure if a YI could be kinda given back and forth and all. I have only had 1 other YI in my life and I had my period during it. So I wasn't having sex. So I never had to worry about it. I mean its not like I am a nympho or anything. But I do enjoy it on a regular basis. I just didnt wanna somehow pass it to my man and keep going back and forth or something ya know. Thanks for the answers ladies. I will just abstain from having sex. I can keep him happy other ways. LOL
    Snootchies

Answer by Snootchies at 8:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes you can spread it back and forth, I had one and my gyno told me not to have any sex until it was completely gone or it would just be a cycle of us passing it back and forth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think if you use a condom you'll be alright.... and not to sound gross but sex does offer some temporary relief KWIM?
    Anonymous

• Yes, they are contagious!!!!!!!!!!! Very much so. My EX used to get them all the time from drinking a lot of beer. The only time I every got one was when he had one.
    amateacher

Answer by amateacher at 12:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yes they are contagious. I had a YI for 6 months because my Dr thought I knew not to have sex during a YI. So hubby and I were trading it back and forth. We finally figured it out when his got so bad that all his pubic hair feel out, and all the hair on his inner theighs feel out!!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008