What do you think of the name Finnius Huckleberry Wilson?

My hubby loves Huckleberry for a middle name but I am not so sure!

bubbysmamma

Asked by bubbysmamma at 10:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Baby Names

• not to be offensive but yikes!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As in Huckleberry Fin? The story? Thats all I can think of...you should think of when the poor kid is getting teased.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my nickname is finn, i love the name finn but i'm not crazy about finnius, huckleberry is cute though. very unique (you know besides the books and all)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• is there meaning behind it?
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• huckelberry finn... only backwards. that is stupid. please don't put your kid through a lifetime of an awful, jokey "cute" name. seriously. don't.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Our sons name is Sawyer Thomas (Tom Sawyer in reverse, obviously) and my SO is dead set on naming baby boy #2 after another literary name (Huckleberry Finn). We would call the baby Finn, and love that, but I am just not sure about the Huckleberry part. But how many other kids will make fun of his middle name anyways? I don't remember knowing any of my classmates middle names...
    bubbysmamma

Comment by bubbysmamma (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I love the name Finnius, though I would spell it Phineas. I also love Finn, whether as the name itself or just a nickname. I also happen to really like Huckleberry. BUT - Finnius is fairly unusual, and Huckleberry is definitely different. So you just have to ask yourself if you love those names enough to give your child two very unusual names. If you love them a lot, go for it! If you love them a little but you could care less about their uniqueness, likewise go for it!

Me personally? I LOVE weird (yes, downright WEIRD) names - but I always thought it would be best to give my child one fairly normal name (first or middle) and one totally out-there name that I loved. For the record, my name is somewhat uncommon, and I LOVE it, and always have. My middle name is totally vanilla but I have never felt tempted to use it :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• OK is his brother is Sawyer Thomas, I say YES!! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• WHY WHY WHY do you hate your child. Do you want him to get his ass kicked on the playground? Do you want him to never date? Do you want to parent the 40yr old virgin who lives in your basement?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Other than the two names together being a bit much, I love Finn (puts me in mind of Finn McCool, the great Irish legend), and the kids on the playground will know his middle name how? If he tells them. Lighten up, Anon.
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 10:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010