Dont see how this is a big deal...

Okay so my friend just had her baby on August 15 at 2:13 pm I went and visited with her this afternoon, and well I asked her if I could stop by with my boyfriend later and she said sure. I asked my boyfriend and he is all like I don't know this woman and don't really want to go or see the point in going. Should I go with him to see her or just leave him at home?

teddybear3163

Asked by teddybear3163 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like he's being an ass, i would leave him at home bc he wouldn't be good company
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He may feel uncomfortable being around someone who just had a baby that he doesn't know.
    Just go without him ... he's just being a guy.
    My boyfriend didn't go with me to see my friend after she had her baby and they met each other two years ago. No big deal.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't understand your question. Didn't he say he didn't want to go?
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If he doesn't want to go then don't make him go

Answer by admckenzie at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• But the thing is we all went to high school together, so its not like he really doesn't know her.
    teddybear3163

Comment by teddybear3163 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• How old is your bf? My hubby wasn't comfortable even touching babies until our son was born! It's a man thing!
    bubbysmamma

Answer by bubbysmamma at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I totally understand if he doens't know her and he's just your boyfriend (even if you've been together for years). Hospitals are uncomfortable to begin with but then to visit a woman that you don't know after a major event in her life and possible have other people you don't know there. Also, he may have had a traumatic event in a hospital and may really feel horrible about going to one. Otherwise, he's just being a guy (though, I'd feel the same way) and I think you should respect his wishes on not going with you. Guys don't understand why we want to include them in everything in our lives. It's ok though.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 10:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't make him go if he doesn't want to. While we were dating, I made my husband go to the hospital when my best friend had her baby. He was so uncomfortable! I wish I would have realized it then. Luckily he didn't hold it against me.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It is weird for some people to visit people they don't know, like he might not be able to share the joy of her new baby because he simply doesn't know her so it would be awkward. I'd just let him stay home, it's your friend, if he's uncomfortable why bring the bad vibe.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He says he doesn't see the point in going and all that. And I told him that I don't want him to go if he doesn't want to go. And he just says that he will go because that's what I want him to do. Well I just don't know what to do. I know what it is like after you have a baby, you get bored in the hospital and having visitors make the time go by faster, and since she had to have a emergency c section she will be there longer.
    teddybear3163

Comment by teddybear3163 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010