Muslim/Christian terrorism...

So what if a group calling themselves Christian bombed an abortion clinic or something, and then other Christians (who believed that Christianity was not about violence, even against those who sin) wanted to build a church next to the site of the bombing?

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 10:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of coarse this would be acceptable but it stumps me on why people are so against the thing being built NEAR 9/11
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• stumps me on why people are so against the thing being built NEAR 9/11
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There are some communities where there are family planning organizations operating next to churches. This is nothing new or until now, questioned.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The thing about this question is that there is a LOT of ASSumption going on isnt there. You are ASSUMING what people responses would be where those of us that are responding to the Mosque Q havent given one. So here you go. If a vast number of people had a problem with it and the families of the victims that died there asked that it not happen I would say the same thing. NO. I posted a Q a few days back and got reamed for this comparison by the way. It was a similar situation where Nuns tried to build on the eges of Auschwitz. The Pope stepped up and asked them to MOVE because it WAS inappropriate and the the Jewish families asked it to be moved. A little sensitivity from the higher ups in the Muslim community would be nice.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think it should be allowed. We can't hold all Christians responsible. As long as the church wanting to come in isn't planning on having a pro-life agenda targeted at the clinic everything should be okay.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hit the button before responding- I think it's a knee jerk reaction. Unfortunately, the Constitution stands in the way. It is what it is- Accept, incorporate and move in.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• 2 glasses of white zin and a roast beef sandwich.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nice surrealism, Anon.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• purpulbutterfly, I can't tell if you're in jest or not (the limitations of the written word, alas!), but I checked out your question and it is eerily similar in topic matter. However, my question is about building a church near the site of violence by self-proclaimed Christians -- yours was about building an abortion clinic near a church. Quite different questions, really.
    FelipesMom

Comment by FelipesMom (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010