Any moms dealing with husband smoking pot and you want him to stop?

I am. I need somebody to talk to. It's embarrassing....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i broke up with my SO, kicked his ass out and told him it was either me or pot and he picked me
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• it's just pot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wow...you its just pot, its in your house with your kids hmmmm dont sound safe
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• *hugs* That's a hard situation. He's not going to understand your point of view fully if you've married him and shared your life with him all the while knowing he smoked. Don't play the, "if you loved me" card or the "it's illegal and I don't want to get in trouble" card, you should share with him your valid concerns with examples to back you up. Don't give him an ultimatim, unless you really are ready to divorce him, because he'll just get resentful. It has to be an agreement between the two of you with mutual respect, honesty, and love. The things that make a marriage work. It's nothing to be embarrassed about, I know quite a few women who are dealing with this right now. It's frustrating for sure though. *hugs*
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 10:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• and illegal! i told mine he couldn't bring that crap near my car or house when we got together and he always respected my wishes. now he doesn't smoke it all bc he doesn't think he needs it at all.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nope, he wouldent risk anything to get your kids taken, plus id kick his ass...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• our*
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• who said it was in my house with my kids? she didn;t say where her hubby was smoking either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He doesn't smoke when he's at home. I am not ok with it at all but until I decide what to do I am insisting he keep it at the office, not in the car, never at home, never on weekends when he's with us etc.
    I am torn over leaving him and breaking up the family or trying to deal with it. I don't want to deal with it though. I have explained my concerns - he doesn't care. I am making a counseling appt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i have things to say that i refuse to say here (don't anyone start jumping to conclusions). since i can't identify you, feel free to pm me.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010