Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe TMI but want to know...

I think I have BV (bacterial Vaginosis) I have had it before and just had to take antibiotics to get rid of it. I have never had it while pregnant before but I am pregnant now (19 weeks) and I think I have it. Can I take the meds? I have a regular scheduled OB appt on the 15th, but wondering what I can do about it now?? Can I use RePHresh to keep the PH balances down while preggo??


Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Call your doctor now, there should be a nurse that can advise you as to what to do.

    Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • I agree you should call your doc and let them know so they can tell you what you should do.

    Answer by edgpag at 4:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • I only got that when i was preg. and they gave me antibiotics. I don't think you should try anything else before you see the doc

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • Yeah there is something you can take, it starts with a C I think. It's a prescription though, you'll have to see your dr.

    Answer by prettyrayray at 5:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • Call your doctor as far as I know flagyl (or other prescription antibiotics) are the only way to get rid of it!! you need to call & get in as soon as possible so they can prescribe you something :)

    Answer by mizzmamma at 6:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008