do people ignore your "no solicitors" signs?

OMG! They always ignore mine. I'm often alone with my kids and I am so over people ringing the bell to sell me stuff despite the sign. Here, one magazine sales guy tried to murder a woman. Short of carrying a paintball gun and blasting them, I do not know what more I can do. I don't have a peephole, I have an old door with a tiny window that you look out. So when I open it to peek, thinking it's a neighbor, I'm stuck. They know I'm home. Help! Any advice or should I just never open the door?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 10:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes. Political canvassers and the people touting their church are the worst. I guess they think in their minds if they can only get one more person to join their church or back their candidate, in the end the disrespect they showed me was all worth it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Here is how I think of it... It's my home, they are knocking on my door, and I don't care if they know I'm home or not, I will not answer my door just so someone can try to sell my something or convert me to their religion.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I live on an army post, they have to get past armed guards to get to me, it keeps them away ^_^
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I just don't answer the door. My neighbor comes to my back door, so if someone comes to the front...I just ignore it!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We live on a military post, so they cant get in...so sorry for ya!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010