do you let your toddler watch tv

Do you let your toddler just watch tv instead of playing or anything like that?

teddybear3163

Asked by teddybear3163 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he was a toddler. The TV was always on, but, he never really sat for long periods and watched. Unless I put on a movie.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i usually have nick jr on all day and my son likes to watch it while he plays or sometimes he just plays and its in the backround, or sometimes he just watches it. i think its great and its very stimulateing & teaches him alot. but of course i still play with him and take him to the park and swimming and things like that but i see nothing wrong with TV. i think its great and one of the best inventions ever.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I did, but we also played games, read books, wrestled and played outside.... everything in moderation
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My kids are alowed 2 hours of tv a day some times more then after that we do other activities
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• we also keep the TV on all day. My daughter is so active that she ignores it most of the time. When Spongebob, Dora, Diego or the Simpsons come on, she'll sit and watch it. I know it's horrible to let my daughter watch the Simpsons but she loves it so much that I can't keep her away from it. She is extremely smart so it's like a little reward!
    ang0343

Answer by ang0343 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Not instead of playing, no. I do let him watch TV while he's playing though. He likes to play with his cars while he's watching TV. And in the play room he runs around and plays while the TV is on. I would definately put a strict limit on his TV if he just sat and watched it without getting up and moving.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No tv for us. Our weekends are the only full days we have with DD, so we play games, read, do arts and crafts, and lots of other fun stuff if we're home.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010