If God is real?

But someone doesn't believe even though they want to, do they still go to hell? The whole basis for believing in God is faith right? But faith is a feeling. And feeling can't be forced. So if this person plays by all the rules but truly doesn't feel it do they still go to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you do have a reason for life! you're alive! start enjoying it, hon!
    i can't tell you how to believe something you truly don't. it would be pointless. i know i've just said the wrong thing (according to some xtians), but if you are being honest with yourself...no one can convince you otherwise.
    i might ask why you feel God hasn't helped you. what is this 'help' supposed to feel like?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well, I believe in Many Gods... Yet, no hell! And frankly, not a one of my Gods requires anyone to believe in them or love them or anything else...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Any god who punishes you with eternal damnation for following your heart is not worthy of your love, praise OR worship IMO.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think that depends on which religion you're referring to, as there are many different views on this & not all faiths believe in the concept of "hell". In Judaism, there is no concept of "hell", because we believe G-d to be forgiving, compassionate & merciful and such a G-d could never damn his children to eternal punishment. For Jews, a righteous non-Jew has as much opportunity to be G-d in the next life as an observant Jew, because only Jews are obligated to follow all of the commandments of G-d.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No I don't believe and I know I won't go to hell because there is no hell.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No. I believe in G-d but I do NOT believe in hell.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I believe in God but not hell... I don't believe in that same God that you do...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't believe anyone goes to hell, so no. I believe God is love and compassion, and that we all will return to Him when we die. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's okay to have doubts that is part of being human. We don't know what the universe is all about we only see and experience this one little sliver of time and space. Use your doubts to explore what you believe to be true.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• you have to believe it in you heart!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010