all he does is cry...

My 12 month old cries ALL the time...he wants me to hold him (he is walking) all the time, if not he cries...if his toy isnt doing what he wants it to do he throws it and cries...if a stranger talks to him he cries...I mean non stop...i just wanna pull my hair out sometimes lol...anyone else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes!!! I didn't think I was going to make it through. It will get better I promise.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They cry because they're frustrated, I promise it'll get a little better when you can teach him to communicate and ask for help instead of crying when thigns don't go his way.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hang in there!!!
    As soon as he starts to cry or before try to distract him with something else like oh look and point to something or hand him something and at the same time tell him you don't have to cry soon he will be so used to hearing you say that he will be fine... It's just a little phase they go through GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• His crying is his only means of communication it seems. Whether he can say a few words or not he feels that crying is the best way to get out what needs to be expressed. Try to encourage him to use words. Talk to him frequently, especially using descriptive words, so that he is eased into speaking. Stay calm. I understand it can be very frustrating, but it's important to keep your composer. The more worked up over his crying that you get, the more he's going to get worked up. Remember that. Now there are ways to handle every situation. Him crying when a stranger comes up might take a little more time. However, dealing with the toys can be a easier. Simply calm him down and then try to play with the toy with him. Show him how it works if he's not understand it, etc. Just try to work with him. If all else fails, put him in his crib and let him scream it out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes it was horrible! My youngest would cling to my legs when I wasn't holding him and attempt to climb me. In our case it a combination of teething and separation anxiety. You'll get through it and be fine.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 11:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• With the toys, when he throws it bring it back, show him how it works a couple times, take his hand and show him how to do it, that will help him, strangers are normal, and with the clinging explain to him that mommy will always be there, sit some time aside everyday where he can just sit on your lap and you can read or play with a toy *use that as a chance to show him how some of the more complicated ones work so he wont get frustrated when he wants to play with them*
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010