honestly i'm scared ... no bashing

what kind of a job can i get that will respect that i am pregnant - i am 17 weeks. i had a summer job but i had to quit. i was taking summer classes and i told them - put in my availability change because i needed help and poof and never spoken about again. after initially turning it in. there was a little more to that but yea for this situation . i need a job. i have been on tanf but i dont want to do that again. I want to work. i get weird when i do not have a job and i am not taking care of business... Please give me some ideas. i saved money and that will be fine until mid September.

only specifications are nothing to do with food because i get sick from the smell .. and it doesnt have to be a great job just a part time even. so i can pay my bills, gas, diapers, etc.

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 11:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd hit the temporary agencies. They will give you a nice desk job in a/c. I swear by them. My kids (adults) all use them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Go to a craft store or home depot?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• it's illegal to descriminate agianst someone because they are pregnant. you could be a cashier at a store.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• childcare from your home
    Editing
    TeleMarketer

Those are some ideas I know you could easily carry on when you have your baby, well maybe not easily, but you can at least stay home and not worry about childcare
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Home health care, retail...I dont know where u live but look on www.craigslist.com...or get a local newspaper. I was a CAP Aide at a group home when I got preg.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 11:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You can work anywhere whether you're pregnant or not. Unless your pregnancy prevents you from performing the job. No company can legally deny you employment because of your pregnancy, again unless you can't perform the job you're being considered for. Therefore, you can work virtually anywhere. There are a number of different retail stores you can work for. Whether it be a big chain or a local store. If you have any receptionist skills then you can work at law firms or other office-like settings. You have no obligation to inform them at the time of interview that you're pregnant. And since it's so early you can pretend that you "just found out" when you're ready to let them know. But remember that you're legally allowed employment pregnant or not as long as you can perform the job you're being considered for.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I've done substitute teaching... its nice because you can work as many days as you want to
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Look into some telemarketing jobs at home, this worked great for me so i could keep working while the baby was napping
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:58 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• craft storesss.... 0.0 yus. we have aaaaa i think two. kind of sucks i live in a city that tries to do well but the really good stuff doesnt last long :-\ Oh hobby lobby!!! i did not even think about that thank you mmegan!
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• it is illegal but unfortunately i am showing so i fear that an employer will take one look at me and dismiss me without any words exchanged. when i worked a call center - my first there was a girl who was very pregnant and she told me about how she couldnt get a job anywhere else and they had just moved to town. - maybe i am being to paranoid? just scared
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010