If your SO said....

"were just going with the motions".
During an argument, how would u take it and what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• He has said that and I have responded with well its about time someone has said it?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Depends what the motion is about...or he could be meaning we are just testing the waters and see where this takes us...IDK!!! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• agree with butterfly
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• To me, that means that he feels the connection is gone. That your guys are just "faking" it and that for him there is no feeling of real love left. That you are together more out of habit and convenience then any real desire to be together
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would say, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It depends on how he meant it. Did he mean during the argument you're 'just going with the motions'? Meaning that you're just arguing the basics and not actually getting to any real points. OR Did he mean with the relationship and it's basically a dead end? If it's with the arugment then whatever .. The argument doesn't need to continue until we can talk civil to one another and find middle ground. If he means in the relationship, then you need to ask him whether he wants to stay or go.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• He said it to get your goat so don't let him get it... and when things are good again what does he have to say. Does he say I didn't mean it b/c he was mad at you at the time just to see what you would say...
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 11:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i would take it as me and him need to stop fighting and get back to the basics of our marriage
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I agree with Maureen.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I say things like that when I'm frustrated with my husband. When I want our relationship to change for the better. He's probably just needing you guys to reconnect as a couple. Talk to him about how you can make it better together.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010