Starting birth control, will my period be late or kind of irregular? adult content

i know this is off topic, im not even a mother but i cant seem to find the answers anywhere on the internet :(
so i started taking ortho cyclen on the 15th of aug. Because my gyno told me to do so, which i dont understand b/c i thought you had to take it the sunday after you started your period. so now im due to start my next period on Aug 27 or 28, somewhere in there, but since i started taking these pills on the 15th isnt that going to screw up my period? im confused about the pills too, cuz if i start before the spacer pills, what do i do?
im so confused :(

molly_92

Asked by molly_92 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• Just take the pills every day. It may take a cycle or two to get it totally on schedule with the pills.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• do you mean missing a cycle or two?
    molly_92

Comment by molly_92 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Take the pills everyday at the same time. It will take a couple of months for your body to adjust to the hormones. Also, the spacer pills have no hormones in them. I never take them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I took ortho cyclen for FOREVER before having kids and in between. I ALWAYS started on Sunday after my period. Were your periods regular before you started? If you are unsure of the day to start, give your gyn a call. They will usually have a nurse who can answer questions for you. GL!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yes my periods were pretty regular before i started, whats that have to do with it? lol
    molly_92

Comment by molly_92 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010