I will be greatful for any help.

I am looking for new ideas on how to raise money for fundraisers, I don't like bake sales,or car washes Baskets are o.k.I need something new.

sirrera

Asked by sirrera at 11:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What are you raising funds for?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Bingo
    Bull Roast
    Basketball/volleyball tourneys
    Gala
    Danceathon
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yard sales.Get a group together and have everyone donate.You get rid of clutter and raise money.
    WeAre138

Answer by WeAre138 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A yard sale. Each year the senior class at our school gets donations from the community for a huge yard sale and they keep the proceeds. It goes to the senior all-nighter after graduation. Our scout troop did a spaghetti supper and made $300-$400. You could sell cookie dough (Janie's cookie company is awesome!) or frozen pizzas from Little Cesear's. Oh - the band here does sub sandwiches. The local grocery store deeply discounts the ham and/or turkey and cheese for the class. They take orders and then the group goes to the store and assembles the sandwiches. That is quite a good money-maker for them. You could even ask the grocery store to donate all of the supplies, depending on how big they are. Our store is quite small, so the band pays for some of the stuff, but like I said it is at a huge discount so they can actually make money.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i knew people who would have a fish fry or pot luck sort of thing to raise money for their softball team. idk if this is in the realm of what you can do but good luck!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I raise money for the american cancer society, the Kiwanis Club,and on aug 30 I will have my first one for No More Tears Rescue it a place that saves puppies from puppy mills .
    sirrera

Comment by sirrera (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think candy bars are super easy. Sam's club sells the fund raiser boxes with handles. Very easy to for hubbies to get involved. They simply take into work and say "Hey I have candy bars for sell" and generally come home with an empty box. :)

If you want something more elaborate, how about a silent auction for services - either from parents of kids involved (candy making classes, yard mowing, babysitting, crochet lessons, etc...) or from soliciting business in the community.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• sell crafts, ask businesses to donate, auction something
    oklahomapoet

Answer by oklahomapoet at 11:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Get some single guys to agree to be auctioned off for a date. I went to one years ago for some sort of charity, can not remember what, but it was loads of fun! I am serious, it was not anything dirty. It was like when churchs used to auction off box lunchs made by single girls (the girl ate with the guy) ..which could be another idea.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 12:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Candy bars has always been a good seller. Check out Terry's Village. They have a website. The have the type of calenders that you can put in your pocket book, or at home. Some school fundraisers pick out expensive stuff that some of us just can't afford. Google fundraiser ideas, even Krispy Kreme.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010