What effect did the rejection of the feminine divine principle by Christianity and Islam have on God himself, as humanly visualized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It lead to the perpetuation of the idea that the abrahamic god looks something like Kenny Rogers or King Friday from the Land of Make Believe. That and facilitating a patriarchal society where women are property sold from father to husband. Claiming masculine dominance as gods will makes life easier than treating all humans equally.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• that made my head hurt.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• we do not claim to believe we know what god looks like. We know of his names and his attributes.. those which he revealed to us. We dont know those he decided to keep for himself. and God in his final revelation brought equality to women.. however much people would like to disagree and he gave a role to the woman and a role to the man.. and in that is different levels and different jobs..
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• In nature itself, male is nothing without the female, just as she is nothing without the male. Creation takes both. Life takes both. The goddess aspect of the christian god was cut out, excised like a cancer. The visible result? Well, women are considered to be less important, less knowlegable, less human in christianity, islam, scientology, mormonism, judaism,and, in fact, every religion created by man. Except one. Yes, the paganism that all these religions look down on glorifies woman as the creator of all life. We carry life in our wombs--not the men. We nurture. The men make war and hunt animals. Yet in the major religions of the world, we are less than NOTHING. I think that is where we see it. There is nothing but violence and bloodshed in the bible and the koran--because the sensible, calming nature of the divine feminine is gone from them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• um, my guess would be nothing, if i understand your query correctly. if you reject the idea of a 'feminine divine', then you refuse to allow its existence in the first place, and God would've always been God (the Father, as xtians refer to). therefore, no change.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't question this..God did not affirm himself as a gender. but he has always chosen men to lead the people.. perhaps its because we women can be wishy washy.. but tha'ts just conjecture.. i can't even begin to answer whyGod would do something .. and how people percieve it. people still believe no god exist even though the signs are right inside themselves and their eyes can clearly see.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I don't know what God looks like and I don't picture him as necessarily male or female, I use the pronoun "he" when talking about God for easy of communication.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• NotPanicking pretty much summed it up for me...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• In Christianity... God has no gender... just the atributes ... characteristics... God is father like and Holy Spirit is more likened to a motherly atribute .
    God does not reject women period... there have been women who have lead. Deborah is one of them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• God did not assign himself a gender, and I believe he is, as the angels are, asexual. The languages the Bible is written do not have an "IT" tense, much like if you've learned french or spanish, the table is male or female.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010