what is the weirdest thing to walk into your house?

i was thinking and my brother always leaves whatever door he walks through wide open and he gets mad if i lock the back door. i think having an open door is just begging for someone to break in.

in the past - we have a doggie door in the back - we have had a poodle just walk in like it owned the place.

AND holy crap a little autistic boy. he walked right into our house walked upstairs and crawled into bed with my mother. we had NEVER seen or heard of this child before. his mother was so glad to find him safe.

so really what are the weirdest stories of walk ins have you had?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 11:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the only strange one for me was the night me, hubby, and my youngest were on the pull out sofa bed just watching movies late. He goes out on the porch, I'm half asleep, and wake up a few minutes later to him quietly telling me "don't jump, there's a raccoon under the couch. I was like WTF!? how did you let a raccoon in?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My mother in law, does that count!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When we were unpacking during our last move, we saw a little girl in nothing but a dirty, saggy pull up standing in the living room. Apparently, she used to play in that apartment with the kids who used to live there. Having just moved there, we did not know where she lived. It was still weird.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• a toad. LOL
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 11:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A neighbors cocker spaniel ran in one night and tried to hump my daughter.Had to hold her up above my head then the dog started humping me.It was crazy!
    WeAre138

Answer by WeAre138 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• hahaha!
    back when i was in grad school a drunk guy walked into our apartment one night- luckily there were a lot of people over at the time that helped me to make him leave...
    one time we came home and found a stray cat sitting on our couch... apparently one of my roommates friends saw the cat sitting on our doorstep and let her in because she thought the cat was ours haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• dh - every day. LOL JUST KIDDING!! And I was laughing at the story of the little boy going up your stairs and into bed with your mother. That is hilarious!! I am sure his mama was freaking out!

When I lived at home with my parents I was on the phone with my dh (well...bf at the time) and this great big dude came up and knocked on the door. My parents ALWAYS locked the door when they left, but I had been outside and when I came in I locked the door but it didn't latch. So when he knocked on the door it flew open!! Scared the hell out of me!! Someone got pissed off and dropped him off right outside my house and he wanted to use the phone (way back before everyone had cell phones). Normally I would have lied and told him I didn't have a phone cuz I was by myself, but I had it in my hand! lol I shut and locked the door and told him I would call someone for him. I learned to make darn sure that door was LATCHED from then on!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Hmm it is weird to walk into a totally quiet house here. It is like whoa who's house is this?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Wow all that is weird...Nothing really for us sorry I didn't have anything exciting to say.
    But do remember back in the day where we would always have our home open all of the time day & night sleep with the windows open with screens on them same thing with the doors...aahh those were the days.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• nothing has ever walked into our house uninvited, unless it was an insect.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010