whats your morning routine like with your family?

I have a almost 4 yr old a 2 yr old and another on the way. My kids wake my up in the morning and I'm still not ready to get up so we move to the couch and I turn on cartoons while I wake up... and I HATE this habit! So, I'm looking at ways to avoid the TV in the morning.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• A great way to do this is actually by cooking instead of getting cereal out! If you get everything ready, it forces you to be on your feet and it helps you wake up, and if you sat at the table to eat it would keep you out of the living room with the cartoons. Another way to do it is by stretching first thing. Instead of getting up and taking the child out of his or her room immediately, you could stretch a little bit in their room and take their little arms and legs and reach way up, it will help your blood flow get going, and maybe then you wouldn't want to chill out on the couch and relax until you got enough blood flow to function.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sorry, my kids and I do the same thing... They go in to sit with daddy and watch cartoons, I watch Rachel Ray... We aren't morning people.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• thankfully my 15 month old son goes to bed when i do, and sleeps until 10 or 10:30, and then i get up, change his diaper, make him a bottle, and lay on the couch and give him his bottle and watch tv. by the time thats done, ive woken up and then i make breakfast.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• thanks! the only problem about eating at a table is... we don't have a diningroom table :( Its very frustrating because I resort in turning on the TV while we eat since we're all facing it anyways :( I guess I just need to discipline myself more!
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• During the week I am up first to get ready for work, but o the weekends I do the same thing as you. After a half hour or so I am usually ready to cook breakfast.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I get up, get my hubby up, get my oldest up, get her ready for school. About this time my 2yr old wakes up from the noise. I get him a sippy, change him, set him in my bed to watch Dora while I help hubby and DD get ready. I bring DD to school, go to McD's for coffee.....drive back by her school to make sure everything is okay (its her first year :( ) and now we are back home watching Spongebob. lol.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wake up at 6:30 with the 1 year old, I make coffee, turn on the TV, feed her, then my 3,4,and 7 year old get up, I make them breakfast, they clean their room, and get dressed, and I clean about 2 1/2 hours, then they can watch some TV while the baby naps!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I get up at about 6:30, get my DD up. Go out to the kitchen, turn on the coffee, make her breakfast. She's getting up and dressed then she grabs the dog and lets him out. I take a shower while she eats. We are out the door by 7:30 to get to the bus stop.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you are taking your four year old to preschool this year, it will solve the problem. Everyone has to get up, dressed, fed and out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010