Is it strange that I contacted his ex-girl friend?

I'm very happily married to my husband...we are best friends. He had a child hood sweatheart from ages 14-18 (on and off) and he and her were close and he will say in conversation sometimes how he'd like to know how she is doing...so I found her on myspace, I think, and I messaged her to introduce myself. From what I understand she is a really nice person..a lot like me, so I think she will be receptive. But is it strange that I'd even want to talk to her? I think its mostly because she knew him then and I feel like for one, it'd be like getting to know him a little better and two, her and I are a lot alike and we'd have much to talk about I think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Just be prepared to hear things you may not want to hear. I can understand the curiousitybut yes I think it's a little odd that you're not letting sleeping dogs lie. There is a reason she's his ex, keep that in mind.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I personally don't see anything wrong with it. It is always better to try to get along than not. I think you should be commended for doing what you did for your husband. You are married to him and it seems a good relationship since he told you about her. I See nothing wrong with it at all. My childrens stepmom and I got along wonderfully. I know thats not the same, but, it was quite content. And remember it started out as very young teens.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• it's a bit odd but i don't see why you can't be friends with her. my husbands ex used to live 3 houses down from us when we moved here and i really like her. i trust my husband and know that he wouldn't do anything but with her i'm not sure cause she was willing to leave her husband to be with him and he broke off all communication with her. i like her and talk with her so as long as you trust your husband i think your fine in doing so but i would still worry about what her intentions might be. she may not have any but could develop some later. heck i say keep your friends close but your enemies closer. i would never let his most recent ex be friends with my hubby cause i know i don't trust her.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Hell, we go skiing with my DH's ex-girlfriend and her family, we socialize with my DH's ex-wife and her husband, we have dinner with my ex-boyfriend and his family.... It depends on what kind of relationship you have with your hubby.

How does your DH feel about it?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Aren't you worried about stirring up old feelings?
    Anonymous

• anon beat me to my question!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I just hope she doesn't miss him too. oh boy....be ready for whatever comes next...
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Well be ready for whatever comes,the past could bring up both good and bad memories.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 6:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Not odd. I actually sent a kinda nasty email to my hubby's ex (the girl he actually left for me and cheated on me with once when she got him drunk). I told him about it and he said ok, whatever.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I dont blame you for wanting to be involved. I agree with the poster about being prepared to hear something that you wont like. If you are uncomfortable with them talking to eachother, you should tell him.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2008