Birth Control

Do you use Birth Control?

We do not use Birth Control. We only use Natural Family Planning.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• No! We do use natural family planning, for a while after a baby! We believe that if God wants us to have a child we will! We have # 5 due in January!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i use birth control, and not just to keep from getting pregnant but mainly because i am a raging monster and have horrible cramps if i don't take something.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My husband and I don't believe in birth control. We believe in letting God have His way with however many children we're suppose to have in our lives or not. :)
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I am very interested in natural family planning, even asked about it earlier tonight and got bashed. I have a 2 month old and am EBF and my cycle hasn't returned so it's getting hard.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I use birth control. I just went off the patch though. Friday I am having the mirena IUD put in. I do not want anymore kids but not ready to get my tubes tied!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yes I use YAZ.
    NFP ended me up with 3 kids
    and like xtwilightx, the BC has helped tremendously with my PMS and cramps!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No and I pregnant with our last now. We always used natural planning as well. My husband will be getting a vasectomy this time though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Natural family planning did not work for us. My son Ike was a natural family planning baby. Really I should have known better. I am crazy fertile (have had 3 miscarriages and 2 babies - got pregnant 1 cycle trying on all except Ike who was an accident). And apparently my husband has crazy hardy sperm. I ovulated 5-6 days after the last time we had sex. Yes Ike is hubby's... they have the same rare genetic condition. =P

So now its only hormonal birth control for me. I have done the pill (kept forgetting to take it, the patch (loved it but doc won't rx it anymore), depo (hated it) and now I have Implanon. Implanon is by far my favorite. One small rubber match stick sized rod placed in my inner arm. I don't have to think about it again for 3 years.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Not anymore. After last baby I had a partial hysterectomy, so no more need...and no more period!! But before that I was on the pill and LOVED it! Had one scare a long time ago when I forgot and then my period was late (turned out to be a false alarm), but other than that I had no complaints. It helped with my "crazy monster" stage too - horrid cramps and pms and such. When I went off so we could have babies I was miserable every month for nearly a year cuz it took that long to conceive! Well worth it, but I sure did love it when I was back on :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think I'll have to get some kind of birth control for awhile after this baby, my period is seriously all over the place so natural family planning would be really, really hard. but once it was regular, I'd try natural
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010