Need ideas for Cupcake themed 1st bday party!

In a month & a half we will be throwing our first child's first birthdy party. We are SO excited and have been planning this day since we found out we were expecting.
So far, we are making cupcake giftbags (blue & lavendar for boys & girls) Cupcake pops to put in vases for centerpiecse, cupcakes made of washcloths (for adults to take home). And for activities we got a cupcake pinata & cupcake banks for the children to paint. We will also have pin the candle on the cupcake & cupcake decorating.
I need ideas for decorations, we have cupcake cups/napkins & plates but could always use more fun ideas. We love getting creative!
Please send any our way, thank you in advance!

ClaudieOct3rd

Asked by ClaudieOct3rd at 11:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you sew, you could make some cupcake pin cushions for center pieces and as gifts for women to take home.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• And find books like "If you give a (I think it's a mouse) a cupcake... or maybe its a moose :)
    txdaniella

• Oh, I think I know the book. Good idea, thanks so much : )
    I sew but not very well, lol
    ClaudieOct3rd

Comment by ClaudieOct3rd (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• ballons random colors with ribbion taped to the paper
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 12:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You can put the napkins in the cups to where they look like napkins and top them off with bouncy balls for the kids to play with that way they look like cherrys
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Pin the cherry on the cupcake?
    And I saw this decoration where you take christmas lights and you take colorful cupcake papers and put holes in the bottom and push one christmas light through each one and then hang them up. Does that make sense lol
    There is a recipe for cornbread cupcakes with pimento cheese "frosting" that could be cute.
    For my sons bday he got a big cupcake mylar ballon from Party city
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Google cupcake birthday themed parties, also try Etsy they sell some really cute things.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have seen cupcake printed fabric. You could make strips and tie on chairs or deck posts if the party is going to be on a deck. I know you said you sew a little, you could cut shapes from the fabric, staight stitch them together with the wrong sides together on, not completely. Turn them out and fill with uncooked beans, rice, or the like, hand stitch them closed and there you have bean bags. Then take a piece of plywood or thick cardboard cut out circles, decorate with cupcake images and then you have a bean bag toss board.
    Also, take a walk around your local party store. They may have stuff you have never thought of or things in other themes that you could make in the cupcake theme.
    They now make a cake size cupcake mold. You could make the large cupcake and then suround it with the cupcakes decorated like it.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 10:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree with the other mommies.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You can google cupcake themed birthdays, they have some really cute stuff!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010