I juat found out I am preg w/ our 4th child today and last child but I am worried because my daughter is only 15 mths old and I wanted to wait AT LEAST 2 yrs. Has anyone else had kids so close together and if so how did it effect you?

3beautbabies

Asked by 3beautbabies at 12:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mine are 16 months apart.
    I have loved that they have a very close relationship and play with basically the same age group of toys.

Cons-
    PPD still from my DS lead to a very crazy pregnant lady with my DD! OMG it was awful!
    diapers for 2 are quite expensive but thankfully we're potty trained now ;o)
    since I didn't lose the weight from my DS before getting pregnant again, I now have a lot more weight to lose to get back to what I want to be.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My frist two are 20 months apart, and my second two will be 27 months apart. I was worried when I was pregnant with my second.. them being spaced 20 months apart but we made it!!! lol There were some difficult times in adjusting, but my boys are soooo close now I would not change it for the world!!! Now I'm having this one and I wanted to wait a bit longer as well, but I think the timing is perfect now! Some things I found really helpful in the beginning was getting a sling.wrap! I would put my youngest in it so my hands would be free to catch a toddler lol! Also, I made sure that teh kids needs were met before anything else. I always had on hand healthy snacks.... dinners were really easy and quick all the time as well. I did whatever I could to make my life easier so that my focus could be on the kids who were very dependant on me. you'll do fine!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well they will be 2 yrs apart when the new baby gets here. =P Congrats.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have 2 girls who are 17 months apart. The younger one is 2 months and so far so good. Yeah, I have 2 in diapers but I'm dealing.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• there will be more work and a little more stress but you will be fine! just remind yourself that youre a mom and moms are women who can do it all!!!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Hey! My daughters are 16 months apart. My second daughter was a surprise baby, and we found out about her when our oldest was just 7 months old. It worked out just fine for us though. They are great kids and get along just fine. Like all siblings they fight from time to time, but most of the time they are inseparable! :) I honestly know, can't imagine life any other way. We worried at first just like you, but when you think about it- by the time you delivery your 4th, your 3rd will be if not already two pretty close to turning two. Enjoy momma, it will all work out just fine. :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my first 2 girls were 11 months apart the first year was really hard and very tiring but it does get easier after they are both potty trained.

jen699

Answer by jen699 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Thank you all so much for your kind words you have made me feel so much better!!
    3beautbabies

Comment by 3beautbabies (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I like your question, but I would like it better if you asked how the children liked it (being so close together). My brother and I are exactly 12 months apart. What I found was that it was difficult being individualized. Everything we did was "us" and not he and I. Even our birthdays were together. Just be sure you give them their own individuality.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think that it would be wonderful to have two that close together. I am hoping my next two are that close. I think they will be the best of friends as they grow up- God must agree because he is blessing you again :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010