How would you react if...

Your DH came home with a sports car after telling you that you couldn't afford the SUV you've been asking for for a long time?

This isn't a personal thing...DH would get an SUV in a heartbeat if we could afford it. Right now we're stuck driving an 11 year old car. But I was curious if this kind of thing ever happened to anyone, or if it was just in movies (I'm sure I've seen the scenario in a movie somewhere).

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When my dang ex husband went through his mid life crisis, he traded in our Volvo station wagon and got an MBG Midget. A car so low to the ground you could reach out the window and stretch your arm out the car window and your hand could touch the ground. It was just a phase he went through while he turned 50 and he belly ached for months how his life was garbage. I reminded him that he had a great wife (me) two healthy children a nice home and a fantastic job. But that was not enough for him I don't know if it was because he had realized all of his dreams and had no more to take their place. He left me shortly after that for a man. I guess that is what he really wanted. UGH.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• um, well this is partly true in my life...i got my new car, i needed something more family friendly when i had my daughter. but hubby decided that 2 car payments wasn't enough and went out and bought a new Harley.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• honestly i'd be PISSED! but as long as it had a back seat i'd get over it. i'd get to drive it too!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Livid!!!

nolaero

Answer by nolaero at 12:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No... for us major purchase are decided on together.

One of my co-workers has this kind of husband and it stresses her out. He is an extravagent gift giver and has suprised her with a new car, a kitchen remodel and a number of other high priced items. She handles it pretty well... she says that she trys to temper, but not completely discourage him because she knows it makes him happy.

She is one of a kind for him... because I would not be happy to not pick out my own car or have input on a kitchen remodel.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 4:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would fry his goat!!! He would be in big trouble!!!!!!!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010