History 111 or Political Science 201, College Courses

both fulfill the constitution requirement i'll need, college courses, if you have already taken what can i expect from both

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in

• If after reviewing the syllabus for each you feel you can pass the 200 course with an A take that.  200 courses always look better on your transcript than 100 courses. On the other hand A's always look better than B's or C's.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You can expect one to be more theoretical (poli sci) and one to be more factual (history), but beyond that, it all depends on the prof. I had to take them both, and they complemented each other, but neither was truly a complete coverage of the subject US history and government without the other.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I always tell my kids to look for the class that satisfies the most requirements. Some classes will cover multiple requirements and if it's a subject not integral to your major or doesn't interest you, it's best to knock those requirements out with the fewest classes possible. This can also help you get your degree in the quickest possible way-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Personally, since those wouldn't be classes of choice for me, I would take the HIS 111 because 100 classes are easier than 200 classes. If you have more of an interest in Political Science though, then go with that one.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• All universities have different number systems and course descriptions. You need to look in your course catalog and determine which class better suits your interest. Also, try to get your hands on the syllabi and compare work load.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I agree with Notpanicking.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You have to be more specific for me. I am a dual major, Poli Sci and History...our numbering is different...so I have no clue what you would be taking here.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• hmmm ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It sounds like whatever makes you happy.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I absolutely loved my political science class. But it really comes down to what you feel more inclined to do, what you have more interest in, or what kind of class you'd be more happy in (like NP said), but I wish you well whatever you decide! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010