i think my prenatel making me throw up?

can it happen?
tips please

frankye

Asked by frankye at 12:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take it before bed with a handful of pretzels.
    WeAre138

Answer by WeAre138 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yes of course. there is a lot of iron in them. mine made me so ill. i went down to half and i was still miserable. then my doctor told me to at least take 2 flintstone chewables each day. folic acid is very important during pregnancy that is why vitamins are so important. talk to your doctor about better advice.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Make sure you take them at night before you go to bed. I made the mistake of taking one in the morning and felt like crap the next day.Hope that helps you...Good luck!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yes, but keep taking them!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i take them b efore bed but then wake to gag, last nite i felt fine them i relezie i didnt take it!
    then i got sick a hour so later
    so today i did it at 8 not 9 and gag at 9 instead of ten
    with food,
    imma get some preztals
    frankye

Comment by frankye (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• @ sherri imma keep taking them but if i throw them up. oi.
    hopfully the doctor can help me.
    frankye

Comment by frankye (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I got chewable ones, and on the days I felt really bad I used the kids gummy vitamins. My aunt was very allergic to the first prenatals she was given, maybe try another one?
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yes a lot of girls tend to throw up every time my doctor would change mine to smaller ones it was still bad for me and i stop drinking them like n the fourth month i know girls that stoped drinking them before and my baby is perfectly healthy as well as the other girls but the best advice is talk 2 ur doctor
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to tell you that I could not take prenatal pills at all. They made me so sick. And just remember that women have been having babies for thousands of years and I can promise you that if you can't take your pills your baby is going to be just fine. My little boy is very happy and health!!
    SawyersMommy603

Answer by SawyersMommy603 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I bought some that were half the size and they were easier to swallow, but they made me really queasy. I took a half dose. Flintstones vitamins are a good idea, or gummies.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2010