Ideas for a sock hop birthday party

My daughters birthday is coming up and we decided on a sock hop because i want to see her in a poodle skirt, problem is all the decorations i can find are not very cute or infant appropriate, any ideas for favors decorations etc?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 12:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try partycity.com and the oriental trading company web site. good luck sounds fun!
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well, for tables, you could cut out poodles from cardboard and set them up in front of a case of flowers, Balloons are always a hit in 50s colors, like light teal, and pink...

Records, jukeboxes.

If its an indoor party, you could draw a jukebox on posterboard and tape it in front of the tv or computer to make a decoration.

I would rent back to the future and check out their under the sea dance or whatever it was!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have already looked on those sites and the things they have are not what I am looking for, thank you though
    Laura_Cruz

Comment by Laura_Cruz (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Have a bunch of hanging 45 rpm cardboard cut-outs dangling from the rafters, !! or ceiling. : ) Copy over some 'It's my party and I'll cry if I want to'', the Name Game, ( Anna banna -bo banna, shirley whirly - bo-birly )..... I'm So Dizzy, my head is spinnin' , by -----Roe, can't remember first name. ..... Why don't the stars go on shining,...... Put a cake together with a bunch of pink coconut to mimick a fur texture. give out little baby bottles for party favors. And get a real poodle .
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2010