Tag reading system, does it work?

Leapfrog tag reading system.
What does this system really do for kids. Does it show them to read? or is it more just a game with books?
Do you have one and do you like it?

nolaero

Asked by nolaero at 12:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I brought it for my kids when they were young. They played with it for a while then nothing.I don't know if it was boring for them but they just stopped.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 1. My daughter got one shortly after turning 3 for Christmas.. SHE LOVES IT!!!!!!!
    2. We will get her a book & she will read & read & play the games & then she will ignore it for a while, we get her another book & she gets interested in all of them all over again. Right now Id say she has about 10 books.
    3. My daughter really loves the games that are in each book (almost each page has a mini game, and atleaste 2-4 full game pages per book) & she enjoys just carrying the pen around listening to the stories without having to hold the book.
    4. Depending on the age & how the book is used I think it could help with learning to read. We just bought a specific set that is sappose to help to learn to read, but I have not actually sat with her (no book alone can help a child read. an adult has to be active in teaching)
    5. I wasnt crazy about her having 1. Now Im glad she does. She is about to turn 4...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010