Ideas anyone?

I have no idea what to do with my 9 month old little girl. She has gotten so bored with her toys and I do not have the money just yet to buy some new ones. So I need some ideas on what kind of games to play with her she is crawling really good now will be walking soon she is getting into EVERYTHING I need some diversions!!!! Please help me!!

melissaaytes

Asked by melissaaytes at 1:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take her outside. there is plenty to do in the grass at that age.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• well you could trade the toys you have on craiglist fo new ones. my brain is drawing a blank on activities.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 1:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• to them, everything is a toy. try tuppleware, toliet paper, even a flashlight. anything that is safe is fair game.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• MAKE SOME! you can try coloring with her! Getting down on the floor and doing one on one things is something that children love too. I wouldn't worry about buying new toys until you have the money. Another option could be play mates as well. If she is in a stage of pulling herself up and everything, you could keep her interested in pulling herself up to get some of her toys. I don't think that i ever had that problem because my daughter developed so quick that there was always something new that she was doing or trying with or without toys. Maybe if you hide toys to find she will like it, make food with her with frosting, I am sure that she would LOVE the mess. If you have building blocks you can teach her how to build, or teach her how to hide stuff in them.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We can't really go out in our yard considering it is like 5 feet of grass and people walk their dogs out there and I don't want her playing in poop lol! We live in an apartment btw.
    melissaaytes

Comment by melissaaytes (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• At that age anything is considered a toy. Rubber spatulas, pots and pans, tupperware dishes, boxes, etc.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have an 8 month old. I suggest taking a walk in the stroller - my little one loves just looking around at everything... or if you have a park nearby - and they have the baby type swings you can push the swing very slowly. I swear the fresh air makes my little guy sleep so much better.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have two cabinets in the kitchen that have all the plastic stuff that is baby safe (tupperware, crappy cookbooks that come with appliances, etc.) She loves getting in there and just emptying them out. We also have a bookshelf that the bottom three shelves are for her at the moment and I will put her books on there and then she pulls them off. It is great fun for her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Go to a park. Go for a walk. Wear her in a sling/wrap while you do chores.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Try the good old pots and pans, let her splash around in a few inches of h2o in the bath tub/pool, an empty or just about empty h20 bottle was allways fun for my kids, drag her around in a blanket on the floor, blow bubbles around her, give her diff textures to touch. gl!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010