how do i get a 3year old to use the potty?

she is really stuborn. she doesnt talk much either. she will sit on the potty for hours if i let her. she thinks its cool. but when she has to go she goes pee on the floor. so we have taken all of the diapers away she goes naked all day till bed. we have tried treats and we have tried toys, books, movies, big girl panties, and pull ups that change temp. im out of ideas on how to do this and we have been at it for a year now and not getting anywhere. any help would be great!

T.A.L.C.

Asked by T.A.L.C. at 1:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you know i tried EVERY technique to get my dd to use the potty and NOTHING worked until one day she just walked up and said "mom i need to go pee can you take me to the potty?" and she hasn't had an accident since....which made me finally believe that no matter how hard WE push they will do it when they are ready...so my advice is teach her how bring it up randomly but she will (when she is ready) just start doing it!! :)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We gave my son a hot wheels car every time he used the toilet, it works. Try rewarding her with something cheap that she likes to help motivate her to use the potty.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/potty-training/CC00060 Hope this gives you the tips and advice you need.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• dont oush, just keep trying and encouraging
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010