McCain is a big cheater!

McCain traded his wife in when she was broken. While his wife stayed home waiting for him and parenting their three children she was in a horrific accident. When POW McSame came home he moved on to better things because his wifey wasn't perfect.

Is this who you want running the country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you =]
    But I'm going to love watching how everyone will try and prove you wrong.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• how do YOU know it was because she wasnt PERFECT? were you there? did you experience what they did? no, no one but them did. this is how rumors start. you cant believe everything you hear. maybe it happened maybe it didnt but cant always assume the worste in someone just because you dont like them. It may have been other things that caused their seperation..... you dont know.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with the Huffington Post, attached is the article.
    McCain likes to illustrate his moral fibre by referring to his five years as a prisoner-of-war in Vietnam. And to demonstrate his commitment to family values, the 71-year-old former US Navy pilot pays warm tribute to his beautiful blonde wife, Cindy, with whom he has four children.

But there is another Mrs McCain who casts a ghostly shadow over the Senator's presidential campaign. She is seldom seen and rarely written about, despite being mother to McCain's three eldest children.

RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• And yet, had events turned out differently, it would be she, rather than Cindy, who would be vying to be First Lady. She is McCain's first wife, Carol, who was a famous beauty and a successful swimwear model when they married in 1965.

She was the woman McCain dreamed of during his long incarceration and torture in Vietnam's infamous 'Hanoi Hilton' prison and the woman who faithfully stayed at home looking after the children and waiting anxiously for news.

But when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.

RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons

had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter.
    Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self.

Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering.

RenDanielle

• Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. 'I have no bitterness,'

she says. 'My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn't the reason for my divorce.

'My marriage ended because John McCain didn't want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.'

Some of McCain's acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to 'play the field'. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.

RenDanielle

• KelsoBabeyy, John McCain actually stated in a recent interview that this was the hugest moral failure of his life.
    It came from his lips. Do some fact checking.
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• maybe she was a failure in ways that effecte dhim too much with his life and it wasnt healthy. Who cares if he said that. you think just because he left her because of problems SHE had meant that now hes the bad persoN?? im sure they BOTH had problems with eACHOTHER...majority of people in this world seperate its pathetic to narrow it down to just one person that did. i dont need to do fact checking.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Kelso, he didn't leave her. He cheated on her. The honorable thing to do would have been to leave instead of cheat. Call me pathetic if you will.

Perhaps if you were disfigured, waited for your spouse to return while raising three children and then he left you for a younger woman you might have some sympathy.

Hope that never happens to you.

Fact checking is important. It helps you make an educated response.

RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You are talking about someone who went thru a horrible life altering experience.....BOTH of them! Bring those two together and mentally its like banging your head against the wall. Was it wrong of McCain, sure it would have been amazing if he had been able to stick it out, not cheat....but that is not what happened. I am sure Clinton wishes to take back some cheating of his own. Same with Kennedy for that matter. Does it mean he is a bad person and can't run this country...no.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008