what can i do to make myself feel better?

i have the flu and i am 19 weeks pregnant. i feel so bad right now. everything hurts

his_squishy

Asked by his_squishy at 1:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• just try to rest alot. you can take tylenol if You have no other issues other then pregnancy. Drink tea with lemon and honey. take lots of fluids..a nd maybe just maybe you can get someone who you know.. doesn't have to be someone who loves you. LOL.. to make you some homemade chicken soup.. i think that would really help
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Rest, lots of fluids, vicks, you can you saline nose drops or sprays, don't drink dairy and no smoking, if you get ginger root and boil it and breath it in like a steamer, 2000mg of vit. C, pop a whole garlic clove, herbal tease like celestial seasonings mama bears cold tea and traditional medicinals gypsy cold care, cough drops but not cough suppressants, tylenol, robitussin... all of these have been recommended to me by my midwife, and I have a paper on it so that I can remember what's safe to take and what's not safe.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• thank you ... i had soup today it was the first thing all day i could keep down... i wish it wasnt 90 degrees outside and in my house too tea would have been nice.
    his_squishy

Comment by his_squishy (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Rest, rest, rest, drinking water, eat as well as you can. It will get better. It just has to run it's course.

Hope you recover speedily!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Rest and drink whatever you can keep down.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2010