Do you support the war?

Why are we there?
What have we accomplished? Not what that country now has, but what has the USA accomplished?
If you had one question to ask a troop, what would itbe?
Would you protest a troop's funeral due to your belief about the war?
How do you feel about the countries that decided to remain neutral and stay out of the war (OTHER THAN FRANCE)?
Are you a military member, dependent, or relative?

Please answer in order!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• NO! No more war. I am so sick of seeing it, hearing about it and worrying. I am sick of people dying for no reason!
    Anonymous

• Well in Afghanistan we are there to liberate and to take out the terrorists. In Iraq we went there to rid that country of Saddam Hussein because of his treatment to the people of Iraq and to fight terrorism. We have accomplished by giving the Iraqi people freedoms and the right to vote, did you not watch the news and see the carnival they had in the streets of baghdad? I have never seen those people more happy. I would ask the troops on their take if our mission is working and if it is worth all the bloodshed. I would never protest a funeral of a fallen soldier, sailor, marine, or airman. They all died fighting for our freedoms and for this country. It is a country's choice to stay neutral, we tried in WWII but Japan brought us in. I am a military wife to a Marine who has served three combat tours in Iraq, fighting on the front lines.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 4:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My husband is a Marine. We support the troops (ovbiously) with everything we have. Does that mean we support this war? NO. We have not accomplished anything. Bush is an idiot and is not going after the people he needs to. We have spent way too much time in Iraq. There is a war that needs to be faught, is it in Iraq? NO. I would never protest a troops funeral. It is wrong. Just because he died in a war you don't believe in doesn't mean you shouldn't support our troops. You would not have the freedom you do without them.
    Anonymous

• that's is the biggest confusion with some people!!!! they think that beacuse our men and women are in the military they support the war. that kills me as a military wife!!!! wha'ts the onld statement: if you can't stand behind our troops please feel free to stand infront of them!
    Anonymous

• I do not support the people who decided we should go to war. I do however honor the people (troops) who are following their duty and commitment. I respect them highly.

Why we went to war was because of WMD. So we decided to overthrow their government. There were no WMDs and now we have demolished their government.

We are supposed to win this war. However, I fail to see what we will win! We have killed our own soliders and innocent Iraqis over fake WMDs.

How would it be if another country decided to invade us the way we invaded them? It would be unheard of.

I'm ashamed that our leaders took us into this war.

If I could ask a troop a question I would ask them for their opinion on daily operations in Iraq and how they feel they have "improved" the quality of life for these people.
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have friends that are in Iraq right now, and even they don't know what they're fighting for.
    I support the troops because it's not their choice to be there...but I DO NOT support this war. I think it'll be looked at like Vietnam one day...one big mistake that seemed right at the time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• that gave me a thought, you know Bush got out of Vietnam by avoiding the draft, maybe this was his make up....IDK
    Anonymous

• that is one good point. the troops DO NOT know why there are there! when you see them on TV, they say what they were told to say/
    Anonymous

• I do not, have not ever, support this sham of a war. However, I love the troops.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 4:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I support getting rid of any evil power in that region. Sure it would be great to get out now but that is not gonna happen. We will always be over there is some form. We are all over the world. I feel there was nuclear weapons over there and they got rid of them before we went in. I think there needs to be some guidance on our side over in that region so 911 doesn't happen again. We need to find Bin Laden, that needs to be done asap. I am not pro war, I don't like war who does right? But I want our country to continue to be free. That I do support..freedom.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 5:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008