How to file a separation in the new york area?

I'm getting a separation from my dh and I wanted to know what do I have to do or bring? Do I need money too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Most states are pretty similar. Basically all you will have to do is go down to the court house, find the family law office, ask the clerk for dissolution paperwork. You will probably have to pay for the papers themselves (usually under $10). You fill them out (either right there on the spot or at home). When you turn them in, there will be a filing fee. Many states have a fee waiver or will allow you to make payments. You will have to ask the clerk for that paper work & you fill it out in the office there. Turn in your packet, they stamp it, file it, & you are on your merry way to divorce. Good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Luckily haven't been there or done that, but I'll wish you luck, and sorry it didn't work out.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2010