How many lbs did you lose rite after the birth of your child?

I lost 17 lbs in my early pregnancy due to VERY bad all day morning sickness. So truly Ive only gained 9 lbs and im 7 mnths pregnant. but im very healthy now :).. anyways i want to be back to my normal weight at least 6-8mnths after having baby. this is why im wondering rite after baby how much did you lose? I know the baby and the amniotic fluid is most of the weight. share your experiences :)

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 2:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm...well, I gained 50 lbs during pregnancy. The day I came home I has lost about 25 lbs. Two weeks later I had lost a total of 37 lbs. I was sooooo relieved that most of it came right off, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I want to add. I retained a LOT of water, so a lot of mine was water weight.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I lost 13lbs in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, gained 7 of it back, then lost 20 within 3 days after my son's birth. I had NO appetite thoughout my entire pregnacy but since it unfotunately went away after I gave birth, I've gained most of that weight back :(
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I gained 30lbs during my pregnancy. The day i had my son...I lost 14lbs. 1 week later...lost 7 lbs. 6 week check-up...I lost the rest. I was actually a few lbs smaller than pre-pregnancy. It is not good for me to be smaller b/c I only weighed maybe 98lbs after birth. Breastfeeding took all the calories and I could not keep the weight on.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i gained about 50 leaving me at 217 when i had him he was 8lbs,,, i believe im about 180-190 not sure now...
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 2:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy and lost 20-25lbs by the time I left the hospital... I lost all the weight by 6 months PP. Breastfeeding worked for me too :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my first i gained about 25 by the time i left i was back down to pre-pregnancy by my 6week i lost another 15, second i gained 25 and within a week i was back down to 120lbs i have 5lbs to lose till my pre-pregnancy but i'm fine at 120lb
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I gained 60!!! I weighed myself just a month after giving birth and was down 40lbs. IDK where it all went, I figure it was mostly water
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I gained about 30-35lb and lost at least 25 of that within 2.5 months of having her. I was EBF and eating well, exercising some. After that, I got the Mirena IUD and ended up gaining back 35lb (yeah, 10lb MORE than what I had lost from having her) within a month or two. I'm still working on getting all of THAT weight off a little over a year after having it removed. I've got 5-10lb to go. Is that more info than I should have given lol? I'm a little sleep deprived.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I went from 204, to 186 by the next day (didn't weigh me at the hospital). Within a month of breastfeeding, I was down to 175.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2010