What excersies did you do after giving birth to lose weight??

How many weeks did you wait after having the baby to start exercise? I know breastfeeding will help lose weight too, but i mean other things to make ur tummy tighter

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 2:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I exercised for about a yr after my son was born, on and off and wasn't as strict with myself as I could have been but I lost all my baby weight.....shame I out it all bk on again!! I started exercising at around a month after the birth but I think it depends on what type of birth you have as to if you can do this.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I started exercising about 6 months after my Dd was born (blame it on having an infant and going back to work after 6 weeks home). I quit at 6 months and started exercising then. I did a lot of cardio. I youtubed, walk away the lbs and started out with that because it's really easy and I didn't have much energy. Then I worked up to be able to run for 30 min. I still run for 30 min like three times a week. I've lost all but like three pounds of my baby weight, but that's just because of eating better portions at meal times not because of the exercise. When I started exercising, I was gaining weight! Muscle and the exercise made me hungrier. So, I would suggest to lose the weight exercising with a sensible diet. Good luck.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I did a few exercises with Jake on me starting at 2 months. Like the airplane, with him held tightly on my knees, lifting him on my shins. I would lay him on my belly and do leg lifts. I would lay him underneath me and do the exercise --the one where you're on all fours and lift your leg behind you until it is straight. I held him and did squats. I would lay on my back, feet flat on the ground (w/ the knees at the top of a triangle), put him horsy style on my belly and do horsy with him--which was a butt lift for me. I stayed motivated b/c he enjoyed them and it was something to do with him that wasn't just staring at him. Four months after he was born, I weighed less than before I was pregnant and my belly was flatter than I expected. That being said after i stopped BF at about 8 months and I wasn't exercising as much, my belly came back a little:(
    JRB101009

Answer by JRB101009 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I breastfed and walked the baby in the stroller...
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I didn't do much really , I did breastfeed and just tried to walk more.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Honestly after I give birth I lose all my weight naturally in about 2 weeks! I eat right and keep up my regular routine that i did during and before pregnancy! I only gain about 14 lbs. And i have 8-9 lb. babies!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i do a lot of cardio. also some yoga and pilates.
    ConnorsMommy772

Answer by ConnorsMommy772 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010