what kind of perfume or lotions can u use if u have exzema...

i have exzema but only when i put on perfume.. and the naturals lotion from avon breaks me out..

Patientchild3

Asked by Patientchild3 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Try Avon's Oatmeal lotion. It doesn't have scent really but my son has had eczema all his life and he uses that and a prescription combo of Eucerin and Hydrocrotisione 2.0.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Lush make some wonderful lotions.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My daughter has suffered from eczema since she was born. Tried everything for her ... Rx creams like Elidel are known to cause cancer and the OTC products (even those made to treat eczema) contain ingredients known to exacerbate the condition. Was finally able to rid her of the eczema by trashing anything and everything (soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc.) that contained petrochemicals, parabens, preservatives, etc. and switching to organic, extra-virgin, hexane-free coconut oil and by treating the problem from the inside out (I upped her probiotics). Her DAN! doc used to prescribe evening primrose oil (again, to be used topically and to be ingested); worked pretty good but not as good as the coconut oil. As far as perfume, there really aren't any "safe" one out there.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Products that say Natural on the label are often misleading. There are not enough regulations on the use of the word on packaging. It's irritating. For instance mineral oil is considered a natural product, and is found in virtually every commercial lotion on the market. Mineral oil is not good for the skin because it clogs pores, plus it is a petroleum product, which I prefer to stay away from all together if I can. Read your labels and stay away from artificial fragrances and mineral oil. Go for natural/organic products that are plant based and are either unscented or are scented with pure essential oils. Better yet, get the unscented (oil or lotion) and buy your own essential oils that have skin soothing properties in them and add them in yourself. Just a drop of geranium oil or lavender oil with a carrier oil like sweet almond oil is very healing for the skin - and it smells good too.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Renew lotion is great for healing eczema - it eliminated my daughter's and son's eczema - its natural and non-greasy!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I use Palmer's Olive Butter lotion. I use body spray. Avon Naturals does not make me break out. They make my daughter break out though. Everyone's body is different and everyone's eczema is different. I have learned in 25 years of having it and Asthma, that it's all about trial and error. Yeah, it might cost a lot of money in the end, but disorder isn't expensive.

FootballMom85, Avon Naturals are not claiming to be "natural" lotions, it is just their brand name. They have natural scents like fruits and flowers, that is all. It is nothing like what you are talking about even though I know what you mean completely.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• try dead sea salt baths followed by Curel anti itch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010