Having trouble with 1yr old son eating.

my son just turned 1 and has started eating regular food. well i am having trouble with him eating. he doesnt seem to want to eat. i know has to be hungry but yet he won't eat very much. is this normal for a 1yr old. is there anything that i can do to get him to eat a little more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We home make our food, our son is younger, but one thing kids/babies/tots love is a variety. Try feeding in three's.
    like....carrots, chicken, cheese....all finger foods, all different tastes
    or cauliflower, green beans, steak/hamburger...again all different, all can be finger foods

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Don't offer him liquids until he has eaten. I've had to start doing that with my DD and she eats a lot more. After she is done and out of her highchair, I then offer her a 6 ounce sippy cup. Try a variety of foods per meal. I always offer my daughter 3-4 things per meal, and 2 different snacks. She is too young to express to me what she is in the mood for and I want her tummy to be happy and full =) Not upset and hungry because she didn't approve of what was on her plate.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Let him eat what you are eating at meal times, they like to copy and it encourages them to eat if they see you doing it aswell. Also finger foods are great as someone else has said.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i agree with the other ladies on this one
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• He is probubly eating more than you think. Just trust him. He knows when hes hungry and how much he needs. I know its hard, but they do know!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2010