Primerica financial Services

Does anyone know anything about Primerica? Good? Bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• bad company is a scam. I worked for them (of course i didnt know at the time)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My sister worked for them at one time. I do have life insurance through them and I have never had a problem. I don't know why she isn't trying to sell it anymore. Never asked her.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It is an MLM owned by Citibank (owned in part by the Saudi Royal family)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• IF you are looking for WAH Id be happy to help, I wouldn't EVER suggest anything like Them however, Anyone I have ever known that has tried working for them has lost more than they've ever made.

I have a business from home, that I make a significant 4 figure monthly income on...and I work PT...with the kids home

The company is 38 yrs old, NYSE publicly traded, BBB A+ for 10 years, and FORBES Best of 200 top rated list.

Message me
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Google "Primerica Scams" and you'll come up with a lot of info. They are a MLM, if you're looking for a real WAH job, I think you could find something better.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I once had a group interview with them. The ad was for administrative assistants, but when I got there, there was no talk of salary jobs, it was all financial consultants. The guy from Primerica talked on and on about unlimited earning potential. Everyone there ate it up. I was the only one who didn't sign up to come back for a one-on-one. It seemed too good to be true, so I figured it was a scam.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• to a PP yes, Primerica was a subsidiary of CitiBank, however for the last few years, Citi has been trying to sell them and no one will buy. Primerica has an *almost* good idea; however, they are MLM. All they care about is recruiting, because once someone has recruited you, whether you stay with them or not, you will always count towards their next commission bump. As a life insurance agent with Prime, you only make 25% until you start recruiting people. When I was first starting out, I thought 25% was the norm... NO, it is not. I ended up going independent with commission ranging from 85% to $115% of the first years premiums. And this is starting out, as a brand new agent, no recruiting required.

As far as their insurance product, they are OVERPRICED!!!!! They are only able to sell one company and it is overpriced crap.
    If you have any questions about becoming licensed, contact me, and I will help you out.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My sister sells for them and she does pretty good. Sales isn't for everyone. I tend to think the people that say it's a scam would also say Avon is a scam simply because it is an MLM and they weren't sucessful. Just because they weren't doesn't mean you won't be.

I don't find their products to be overpriced, they are way better than Ameriprise.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010