have you ever heard this before?

i went and bought some broccolli two weeks ago for dinner, went to get it out of the fridge and fond it missing. my three year old was sitting on the couch eating it like a carrot! the whole thing! i was given some radishes out of a friends garden the other two were sitting on the couch eating them! heres the question, how do i tell the kids that the veggies are for dinner not after school snacks? or should i just buy more and be happy they are eating their veggies? (but they won't eat brussel sprouts unless it's in the meal)

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 3:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• HA! I would buy more for dinner, and more for them. applaud them for eating them. and let them know you will go and buy more for them if they are going to eat it more often. :)
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 3:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Definitely buy more.Be proud they aren't sitting there with a bag of chips in their lap.
    WeAre138

Answer by WeAre138 at 3:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would just buy more and let them snack away.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• They are better raw
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• By all means let them eat their veggies!! Not very many kids will do what yours does so be very happy and just stock up. I have a friend who takes an ice cream pail and fills it with washed cut up veggies for the kids to snack on. I have containers with washed veggies, ready to grab and eat, then use the frozen type for meals
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yea only real concern is are the veggies washed? wash them before you put them in the fridge and be pleased for as long as it lasts :D!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'd totally just buy more. =) GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't discourge the kids from eating veggies.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Buy more!! It's a miracle that they are eating veggies like that!! I love radishes and broccoli raw. I never heard of eating brussel sprouts raw though!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sounds like me when I was a kid. I hates sweets and always went for the fruits and veggies. My parents eventually just decided to buy more. That's what I would do, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:58 AM on Aug. 17, 2010