Has anyone had an IUI

Ok Well I had my period on the 17 of sep. and ovulated on the 29-30.and I was given a shot called ovidrel and have been on clomid. Well this time I got checked I had two eggs ( so were praying) I have to wait till the 13 to see if I get my period but if I do get my period. Then my doctor wants to try an IUI but I ways wondering if nayone has had an IUi or know someone?

sucio15

Asked by sucio15 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• noaks...
    I have had IUI (inter uterine insemination). We first did 2 "IUI" with out the insemination part (we did that on our own).Our 3rd one was a full IUI. It all started with 7-10 days of injections into my stomach area--I am a total needle-phobe so my husband gave me all the injections. They are done with a tiny needle but I used a little lidocaine gel to numb the area. They did vaginal ultra sounds starting on the first day, the fifth day and then every other day until it was time. And then they inserted the semen into my uterus. Although invasive it was not painful. We didn't get pregnant but it had more to do with my fallopian tubes than with the procedure. I went to a really meticulous fertility center, so the procedure may not be so involved depending on your doctor. If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask me.
    noaksmom

Answer by noaksmom at 6:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My husband and I did 6 IUI's. If you want to know more you can ask away. Good luck!
    DreamComeTrue08

Answer by DreamComeTrue08 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My twins were conceived using IUI after using fertility meds for ovulation. My RE told me that IUI would increase our chance of getting pregnant, and since the fertility meds weren't cheap or fun it seemed wise to increase our odds. I was using a more expensive fertility drug (Repronex), which wasn't covered by my insurance, so anything that might reduce the number of cycles it took seemed logical. Also, the IUI was cheaper than my meds and partially covered by insurance. I got pregnant my first cycle using Repronex and IUI, but it ended in a miscarriage. My second cycle was a complete sucess! Repronex resulted in way more than two eggs, so your odds might be a little lower with Clomid. Of course, your odds of ending up with more than twins is also less, and the cost is significantly less. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I just had my first IUI on 10/17, so am waiting to see if I got pg or not. I know lots of women who have had success with IUI. Good luck!
    BlueBeauties

Answer by BlueBeauties at 11:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2008