talking

was it like a snap for anyone else?? my son one day was saying one word to get thing across and now he is telling me all about anything and everything he sees or imagines.

the kid loves scooby doo so he tells me all the times about ghosts lol.

if it helps he is 2 and a 1/2 years old...

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 3:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is the same way she loves abby and elmo so she tells some out of your stories. She is 2 1/2 yrs old also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Mine is 14 months and still only saying mamamama and occasionally dadadada. She just said no for the first time the other day. I know everyone probably thinks I am crazy, but I cant wait for her to talk =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• we are so impressed with our daughter . she will be three in october and her vocabulary is extensive. one day she said to me. Mommy i appreciate you. And i thought i would hug her to death. LOL every day she says to me .. today when daddy comes home maybe we'll go outside insha allah (if God wills). the other day she told me the people were sleeping because they had to get up early to pray. LOL. she pays very close attention to all. she talks better than her 4 year old companion. my husband loves to listen to her. sometimes i prefer she quite down. LOL just a little bit
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I love listening to my youngest son talk. He just turned 3 but he talked good at 2 and 1/2. He could count to 15(my oldest two were in school before they could count) and he would tell me stories about dinosaurs and bad guys :) all my kids had big vocabs at that age. I have always believed if you talk to them like big kids they will talk back to you like a big kid. Each of mine started really talking at 2. They sound soo cute too :) my half brothers son will be 3 in Oct. He sounds british I like to get him to say "daddy there is a hole in my sock" and"please daddy may I have some more please" so cute!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my son started talking at around 18 months, obviously not full sentences but enough to get his point across but he's been in childcare since a yr old with older kids which I think helped alot, he's now just turned 3 and very chatty
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i don't remember when mine started talking, now they won't shut up lol
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Mine said Momma at 7 months and by 18 months, he could carry on conversations. So by 2.5...OMG he could talk on and on...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yeah once they start they never stop.lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:51 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• that is so true my son when he turned 2 he would only ay words like mom he owuldnt even say dad he would say big truck and stuff but not made any sentences or anything now that he is 2yr and 5 months he is actually talking everything you can actually understand the sentences it was so cool out of no where she started tlaking everythign
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010