Please HELP!!!! Baby Shower Ideas

My husband and some women are going to give me a baby shower!!! Yeah I am so excited! The only thing is they aren't american and my husband isnt either. They really dont know exactly what to do. My husband just wants me to feel special. The ladies from our church said they would help him. I already told my husband I would help him with a plan so it will be the way I like it. The only thing is I dont know what exactly to do? I know how to throw a birthday party but not a baby shower. I have gone online But they have so many different ideas. Does anyone have a good plan for a b.shower? I dont want to play complicated wordy games. They dont all speak english. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Decoration ideas, etc? Thank You

Seterah1010

Asked by Seterah1010 at 4:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Guess the chocolate in the diaper. Melt chocolate bars in diapers and see who can guess what chocolate it is.
    Find the min safety pins in the rice. You have to get as many safety pins out as possible.
    Guess the diameter of the belly. Rip towelet paper as wide as you think the belly is.
    Take a pool on the date the baby will be born and give a gift to whoever is right when you know.

Say your having a boy get mini fish bowls with blue fish in the and blue stones on the bottom. I hope that helps a little bit.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 4:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• for my sister, we had come cloth diapers and baby dolls, and raced to see who could put them on the baby faster.
    we didn't know what she was having, mom went and got a three-d bear cake pan, (only at michaels i've been looking around) and turned it into a baby.
    but you could just for fun, play pin the tail on the donkey, i seen it at a party store, except it was a baby and i think it was a bottle you had pin it to his mouth.
    baby showers are kinda like a birthday party, you can have any games we also did bobbing for apples. just have fun.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• One of the neatest things I have seen done is birthday cards for the baby. Buy a boxed mix of birthday cards - every age. Label them 1 - 18. (If you expect a lot of people at the shower label 2 sets 1 -1 18). Pass the cards out to everyone until they are gone (some may get multiplle cards). Have them look at the number on the card and then sign it and write a message for the baby when he/she is that old. Then give all the cards to the mommy to save for the baby's birthdays!! It would be neat to take a picture of the person and stick it in the card in case you don't remember the people when your child is older.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Pass out plastic baby paci's (usually found at craft stores in babyshower isle) They are little and you tie them to thin ribbon (if you are having a girl, go all pink, boy all blue) Any way the game is, you pass out these necklaces as people come in the door and the rules are no one can say the word baby. If someone says the word baby you get there necklace. The only way they get a necklace back is when they catch someone else say the word baby and ask for their necklace. who ever has the most necklaces at the end of the shower gets a gift... (usually like a picture frame, or candle)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• WalMart or any craft store will have small plastic babies. Make ice cubes and before the cube has completely froze solid place the plastic baby in the ice cube.

This game can be played a number of ways.

One way is to pass out all the cubes (this goes for all variations) then tell the person the first person to get the baby out of the ice cube wins. They melt the ice cube anyway possible other than using their mouth or fire. lol

Or you just put it in a small dish and whoever's baby is "born" first gets a prize and they don't have to do anything to speed up the process.

Fill a small baby bottle with jelly beans (count the jelly beans before hand) have all the guests guess how many "belly" beans are in the bottle. Person with the closet guess wins a small gift.

Have them tear off strips of toilet paper or cut lengths of string to guess how big mom's belly is. Closest length wins.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010