Is having a Constant dull headache normal during pregnancy?

Dose anyone have any ideas how to cure it? I've been pregnant before but don't remember this!

4plus1more

Asked by 4plus1more at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think hormones can cause headaches >.< Or depriving yourself of caffeine, especially if you drank it before you became pregnant. I find that taking tylenol and eating something sugary or something with caffeine takes the edge off my headaches.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Tylenol? I am waiting to see if I am pregnant too. I also have had a constant headache for about the past two weeks. It says on the baby websites that headaches during pregnancy are normal, but I don't know....
    Anonymous

• if you find out let me know i have the same problem tylenol dont work sleeping dont work i wake up and it is worse for the first couple hours.

the only thing that helps mine is when i stand in a hot shower and let the water run on my head and neck but when i get out it comes back 30-1hr later.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I get headachs constintly preg or not but the doc gave me a list of foods to avoid, and take tylonol.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Hormones do cause headaches while pregnant. Usually they will subside by around 18-20 weeks but there's never a guarantee. Tylenol can help but for me it doesn't help for any significant period of time. If they are really bad your OB can prescribe you a stronger medication but if they are mild the best thing you can do is just ride it out and try to relax as much as possible to avoid stress and anything else that might make it worse.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• lol i sure hope so lol .. i have them all the time ugh that is one reason i just want to sleep
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have constant headaches and am always tired, because I can't get a good nights sleep due to my back pain. I am still waiting for the actual "fun" part of being pregnant.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 7:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Well, I have plenty of tylenol but can't say it works all that well but I'll certainly try these suggestions.... Thank you to everyone who answered!
    4plus1more

Answer by 4plus1more at 7:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008