Do you ever have 'nothing' to eat at your house?

We never have nothing to eat, but sometimes I don't like the options. When I was growing up, we'd sometimes run out of food, and my mom would tell us to open a can of expired cranberries... yuck. I would just go hungry til she shopped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• well my kids always say we have "nothing good" in the house....lol but we have enough food. They just want the good crap...hehe
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We have had our food supply get down to unusable or sknat. Like having 4 people 1 apple, a box of mac and cheese but no milk or butter, spaghetti sauce but no noodles or bread, Peanut butter but no bread. WE have had some interesting meals at our our in the last year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• For me we can have a whole house full of food and sometimes it seems like theirs nothing to eat. But I think it's not anything that is appealing to me at the time. But yeah I hate that!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My kids always say we have 'nothing to eat'. It doesn't matter if I have just gone shopping or we're down to bare bones in the pantry - as far as they're concerned, we never have any food. LOL. They're always hungry too! Good thing school starts in 1 hour and 17 minutes!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• there were times back when my husband and i first got together that things were pretty slim. but since we have had the kids there is always food in the house. i may have to be a little creative but there is always something.
    rissadan

Answer by rissadan at 7:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We always have food.., but sometimes we just do not want to cook so we go out to eat..It really depends on what we want at the moment.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We always have food but sometimes we don't want to eat what we have.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• According to my kids, we never have anything to eat in our house. I can home from grocery shopping and they will complain. In reality, we never have junk food (i.e. chips, cookies, etc) in our house. I just don't buy them regularly. When I shop, I shop for full meals that require assembling and cooking - hahaha. In our house - this qualifies as nothing! hahahaha
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We have plenty of food, but nothing I want to eat when Im looking for something.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We have tons of food, but nothing that I want at times ~ lol. Or when I dont want to cook, all we have is stuff that you have to cooke!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2010