For those TTC , has the economy affected you and your SO decision r/e TTC? Will you hold out for awhile , not see your fertility doc, or just stop trying ?

doubletree

Asked by doubletree at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope. We're going to continue.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm not TTC right now since I just had a baby but plan on it when I am done nursing at 11 months. We are TTC at a certain time as planned.
    czshcecnc

Answer by czshcecnc at 5:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I dont have any kids yet but we are planning on ttc in December. One of my friends and I were talking about my plans and I was nervous b/c my dh doesn't make alot at his job and we're barely getting by----but we're surviving together. We pay our bills on time and its hard, but theres really nothing left over to just play with...however with the economy the way it is, nothing is really going to get easier. So the point is, my friend who is a mom herself to a 2 year old, told me some advice. She said that if we wait until we have money to have children we'll never have kids. Generally speaking, its true. No one is ever financially ready unless your a celebrity. In the real world though, I think you know in your mind and heart when its time. Everything else will just fall into place.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The economy has no effect on pregnancy. If you really want a baby, you will find a way to make it. I have every intention of getting pregnant as soon as possible.
    mamamorgan

Answer by mamamorgan at 2:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It slowed things down for us, we were going to start TTC now (DH is working on his MA, soon to be his PhD and I'm working full time). The idea was to start now but due to the economy I'm no longer sure how long I'll have my job so, we put a pause on things. But soon!
    Mrs.Zeddies

Answer by Mrs.Zeddies at 5:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009